Nebulizer Machine Uses
Nebulizer therapy is used to liquefy and remove retained Respiratory secretions from the respiratory tract. to improve individual Health condition
What is Nebulizer
Definition of Nebulizer
A nebulizer is a Medical device that Converts liquid medicine a stable aerosol or drug particles.
Most aerosol medications is used for bronchodilating effects and are administered for respiratory disorders
Can I use at Home?
Yes you can use it as per your physician prescribed
Purpose of Nebulizer Machine.
- To relieve respiratory insufficiency due to bronchospasm
- Maintain Normal Respiratory function, To keep the airway open,
- To correct the underlying respiratory disorders responsible for bronchospasm.
- .To liquefy and remove retained thick secretion of the lower respiratory tract.
- To reduce inflammatory and allergic responses of the upper respiratory tract.
- To correct humidify deficit resulting from inspired air bypassing the airway during the use of mechanical ventilation in critically ill and post–surgical patients.
Types of Nebulizer Available
- jet nebulizer
- Ultrasonic nebulizer,
Buy Nebulizer Online
Types of medications used in Nebulization :
Equipment required for Nebulization Therapy
- Ultrasonic nebulizer
- Circulating set-up
- Sterile water
- Mouthpiece or oxygen mask
- Prescribed medication
- Sputum cup if available
- Tissue paper
- Lip cream as required.
Before Nebulization Procedure you must follow this
|1. Check the medication order against the original Physician’s order||– To ensure that you give the correct medication to the correct Client|
|2. Perform hand hygiene wear personal protective equipment||– To prevent the spread of Cross infection|
3. Prepare the medication as for doctors orders Must follow the five rights of medication administration
a. Right drug
b. Right dose
c. Right route
d. Right time
e. Right client
|– Strictly observe and practice safety precautions to decrease the possibility of a medication error|
|4. Explain to the Client and parents what you are going to do||– Providing explanations fosters the Client attenders, parents, and all ayes an anxiety|
|5. Assist the person to make a comfortable position in sitting or semi- Fowler position||– Upright position can help to expand the chest|
6. Setting up the nebulizer:
a) Plug the cord into an electrical outlet
b)Fill the nebulizer cup with the ordered amount of medication
c) Turn on the nebulizer at the prescribed time
|– To ensure that you give the correct amount of medication|
7. Instructing the client during nebulizer:
a) Instruct the client to close the lips around the mouthpiece and to breathe through the mouth
– If the Client is using a mask,
He/she may breathe normally
|b) Instruct the Client to continue the treatment until he/ she can no longer see a mist on exhalation from the opposite end of the mouthpiece or event holes in the mask||-To ensure that He or She inhales the entire dose|
|c) Encourage the having partially cough and expectorate any secretions loosed during the treatment|
8. Care After the procedure :
After the nebulizer finished,
a) Tum off the nebulizer and take off the cord from the electrical outlet.
b) Instruct the He or She to gargle and wipe the face with a towel or Tissue paper
Apply lip cream if needed.
-Gargling cleans the mouth. When steroid remains inside the mouth, infection of fungus may occur.
-Applying lip cream provides moisten on lips.
c) Soak the nebulizer cup and mouthpiece or oxygen mask in warm Antiseptic Solution (savlon) water for an hour.
Disinfect the nebulizer by Alcohol s web.
|-To avoid contamination|
|d) Dry it after each use||– TO prepare for the next procedure|
|e) Replace equipment used properly and discard dirt||– To prepare for the next product and prevent the spread of infection|
|9. Perform hand hygiene. Wash||– To prevent the spread of cross-infection|
10. Document the Procedure date-time type and dose of medication and response.
Sign the documentation
-Documentation provides continuity of care and prevents medication errors
– Giving signature maintains professional accountability
|11. Report any finding to Physician||– To provide continuity of care|